Thursday 17 February 2011

Evaluation

I felt that I did a good job with the music photography layouts.
If I could go back and do it all again, I think that I would have taken more images other than some of the location shots that I did. This was mainly because I was design producer so was needed in other places when the shoots were going on, but I would have liked to try to do something different and creative had I had a real opportunity to take some studio images. The images that Lucy took were what we were hoping for, and there was a number of them that I wanted to use for my layouts. In the end I went for one where the band were messing about with the microphone and being natural, and another one I took on location.
In regards to the text I used the interviews Jess recorded to pick out key points and put them on the layouts. I used a quote to put in the bottom left corner of the location layout, and I used information about the band for the studio layout. For the studio layout I wanted it to be simple, and not too colourful, which I stuck to, and kept the colours red and black and white to draw the audiences attention to the text and the information about the band. The location layout I wanted to be colourful, as the area itself was colourful, so I decided to put a glow around the text to draw attention to it. The quote itself was one that made me laugh, and I felt that it summed up the energy and laid-back nature of the band itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment